MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 06 Dec 2019: Released v41.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 05 Nov 2019: Released v40.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 04 Nov 2019: Released v39.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 02 Nov 2019: Starting with the next release, v39.0.0, I will no longer provide binaries for openSUSE in general and for 32-bit versions of Fedora
anymore. For openSUSE current binaries are always available from the Open Build System within
a couple of hours from release. For Fedora: with v31 Fedora dropped support for 32-bit. That fact in conjunction with changes to my automatic build
system mean that building 32-bit binaries for Fedora 29 & 30 became too much of a hassle.
- 13 Oct 2019: Added binaries for Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermire".
- 13 Oct 2019: Dropped support for Debian 9 "Stretch", openSUSE 42.3 and Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus".
- 06 Oct 2019: Released v38.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 27 Sep 2019: Added binaries for CentOS/RedHat 8 & dropped support for Fedora 28.
- 24 Aug 2019: Released v37.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 10 Aug 2019: Released v36.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 07 Jul 2019: Added binaries for Debian 10 "Buster" and dropped support for Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish".
- 22 Jun 2019: Released v35.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 18 May 2019: Released v34.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 01 May 2019: Added binaries for Fedora 30.
- 29 Apr 2019: Added binaries for Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo".
- 15 Apr 2019: Released v33.1.0 (NEWS.md).
- 12 Apr 2019: Released v33.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 12 Mar 2019: Released v32.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 09 Feb 2019: Released v31.0.0 (NEWS.md).