MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 2023-08-20: Added binaries for CentOS 9 Stream.
- 2023-08-20: Released v79.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-08-19: Dropped support for Ubuntu 22.10 "Kinetic Kundu".
- 2023-07-02: Released v78.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-06-15: There's now a new community & help forum for MKVToolNix that I'll be using instead of the sub-Reddit.
- 2023-06-10: Added binaries for Debian 12 "Bookworm" & dropped support for Debian 10 "Buster".
- 2023-06-04: Released v77.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2025-05-16: Dropped support for Fedora 36.
- 2023-04-30: Released v76.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-04-18: Added binaries for Fedora 38 & Ubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster".
- 2023-03-26: Released v75.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-02-12: For the time being macOS & Windows binaries will be available directly from the mkvtoolnix.download server instead of from
- 2023-02-12: Released v74.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-01-02: Released v73.0.0 (NEWS.md).