MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 2025-05-16: Dropped support for Fedora 36.
- 2023-04-30: Released v76.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-04-18: Added binaries for Fedora 38 & Ubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster".
- 2023-03-26: Released v75.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-02-12: For the time being macOS & Windows binaries will be available directly from the mkvtoolnix.download server instead of from
- 2023-02-12: Released v74.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2023-01-02: Released v73.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-11-29: Dropped support for Fedora 35.
- 2022-11-15: Added binaries for Fedora 37.
- 2022-11-13: Released v72.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-10-21: Added binaries for Ubuntu 22.10 "Kinetic Koda".
- 2022-10-09: Released v71.1 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-10-08: Released v71.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-09-25: Added binaries for the "armhf" and "arm64" architectures for Ubuntu.
- 2022-09-14: Added binaries for LinuxMint 12 "Vanessa".
- 2022-08-14: Released v70.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-08-01: Dropped support for Ubuntu 21.10 "Impish Indri".
- 2022-07-09: Released v69.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-07-07: Added arm64 (aarch64) binaries for Debian 11, usable on Raspberry Pis.
- 2022-05-28: Added binaries for AlmaLinux 9.
- 2022-05-22: Released v68.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2022-05-22: Added binaries for the armhf architecture for Debian 10 "buster" & 11 "bullseye". These packages can be used on Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian). The Raspbian-specific repository has been removed.
- 2022-05-21: Dropped support for Fedora 33 & 34.