MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 2021-08-30: Released v61.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-07-31: Released v60.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-07-10: Added packages for Debian 11 "Bullseye".
- 2021-07-10: Released v59.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-06-13: Released v58.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-06-05: CentOS Stream: I intended to add packages for CentOS Stream 8. Due to confusion on my part, I actually built those packages on outdated images of the discontinued CentOS Linux 8, which is not the same. In order to clearly separate the two, I've decided to create a whole new repository for CentOS Stream 8 you can find on the downloads page. I will not be providing packages for the discontinued CentOS Linux anymore.
- 2021-06-02: The packages for AlmaLinux, CentOS Stream and Fedora have been split into two packages to match what the distributions are doing: a non-GUI package "mkvtoolnix" and the GUI-only package "mkvtoolnix-gui". If you only ever upgrade and want to keep the GUI, you'll have to install the "mkvtoolnix-gui" package manually once. Once its installed, subsequent upgrades will upgrade both packages, of course.
- 2021-05-31: Added packages for AlmaLinux 8.
- 2021-05-22: Released v57.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-04-27: Added binaries for Fedora 34.
- 2021-04-27: Dropped support for Fedora 31 & 32.
- 2021-04-22: Added binaries for Ubuntu 21.04 "Hirsute Hippo".
- 2021-04-09: Released v56.1.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-04-05: Released v56.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-03-24: MKVToolNix for Windows is now available from the Microsoft Store.
- 2021-03-13: Added a section to the "downloads" page for a Docker image.
- 2021-03-06: Released v55.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-02-28: Re-added packages for CentOS 8.
- 2021-02-26: Released v54.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-02-19: Dropped support for Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" & 19.10 "Eoan Ermire".
- 2021-01-30: Released v53.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-01-04: Released v52.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2021-01-04: Dropped support for CentOS due to the recent change in the project's direction.