MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 2020-09-06: Released v50.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-08-02: Released v49.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-06-27: Released v48.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-06-09: Added binaries for Raspberry Pi OS.
- 2020-05-30: Released v47.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-05-01: Added binaries for Fedora 32 and Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal Fossa" (64-bit only).
- 2020-05-01: Released v46.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-04-05: Dropped support for Fedora 29 & Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo".
- 2020-04-04: Released v45.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-03-08: Released v44.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-01-26: Released v43.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2020-01-02: Released v42.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2019-12-06: Released v41.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2019-11-05: Released v40.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2019-11-05: Added binaries for Fedora 31.
- 2019-11-04: Released v39.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2019-11-02: Starting with the next release, v39.0.0, I will no longer provide binaries for openSUSE in general and for 32-bit versions of Fedora
anymore. For openSUSE current binaries are always available from the Open Build System within
a couple of hours from release. For Fedora: with v31 Fedora dropped support for 32-bit. That fact in conjunction with changes to my automatic build
system mean that building 32-bit binaries for Fedora 29 & 30 became too much of a hassle.
- 2019-10-13: Added binaries for Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermire".
- 2019-10-13: Dropped support for Debian 9 "Stretch", openSUSE 42.3 and Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus".
- 2019-10-06: Released v38.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 2019-09-27: Added binaries for CentOS/RedHat 8 & dropped support for Fedora 28.