MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 26 Aug 2018: Released v26.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 19 Aug 2018: Linux AppImage and Flatpak images are now available, both starting with v25. You can find download and installation instructions on the downloads page.
- 12 Jul 2018: Released v25.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 10 Jun 2018: Released v24.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 26 May 2018: Added binaries for openSUSE Leap 15.0.
- 2 May 2018: Released v23.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 29 Apr 2018: Added binaries for Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" and Fedora 28. Note that Fedora 28 itself includes MKVToolNix v22.0.0 already.
- 15 Apr 2018: The layout for my Debian and Ubuntu APT repositories has changed. You'll have to update your
sources.list entries. Read more
about that here.
- 12 Apr 2018: Dropped support for Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zappus".
- 1 Apr 2018: Released v22.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 24 Feb 2018: Released v21.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 23 Jan 2018: Dropped support for openSUSE 42.2.
- 15 Jan 2018: Released v20.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 17 Dec 2017: Added a repository for Fedora 27.
- 17 Dec 2017: Released v19.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 16 Dec 2017: The project's source code repository, bug tracker and wiki have been moved to GitLab.
- 18 Nov 2017: Released v18.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 20 Oct 2017: Added binaries for Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark". Dropped support for Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak".
- 14 Oct 2017: Released v17.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 30 Sep 2017: Released v16.0.0 (NEWS.md).